TEEX Paramedic Through Texas A&M

xrsm002

Forum Captain
I got my medic through TEEX last year, the fast pace can be a little rough as well as juggling the schedule with my 24/48 work schedule. That being said my best advice would be that you get out of the program what you put into it, I basically had my nose in my books every spare moment for 3 months, didn't leave any room for goofin off. But I did pass NR first shot. I was lucky I'd though..TEEX teaches at a very hands on friendly approach (which is how I learn) while the other program in the area was a little more lecture heavy for my learning abilities. That being said as a TEEX EMS graduate you have many hurtles to over come, during your clinical times (after you've completed the didactic portion) you need to be willing to do anything they ask (even if it's changing sheets). TEEX is a fire school first and foremost it runs a decent EMS program but typically the same attitudes common with the fire recruits is seen by the EMS students during rotations(check the ego at the door, at the end of the day you are there to learn and get a handle on your skill sets).

As far as quality of medics they put out..I'd say it's about the same as most other medic schools, you get some great ones and you get some awful ones, can't really blame the program because the students wouldn't put in the work.

Did you do their skills review they offer the day before the test I'm doing it soon and am trying to figure out what to expect at it

acard1772

Forum Ride Along
I did not but had many friends that did. I worked as a basic on a high volume 911 truck for about 2 years before taking my medic, which made the skills portion much easier. The friends of mine who struggled with the skills portion found the review to be very helpful!

Hope this helps

TexWill

Forum Ride Along
Thanks, acard1772. It's great to hear from someone who has actual experience with this program. I live in Austin, about two hours from College Station. Since clinicals represent most of the hours, I'm more concerned about how and where I'll get those in than with the didactic portion. Does anybody know who TEEX has arrangements with in Austin for clinicals? Did anybody from Austin take this course? For anybody, how were the clinicals? Did TEEX hook you up with good providers? Any info on clinicals, basically. Thanks in advance.