Teachers act quickly to aid stricken child

Sasha

Forum Chief
A nice story to change up all the crappy ones we've been hearing lately.

Teachers Act Quickly to Aid Stricken Child

Full Article Here:http://www.boston.com/news/educatio...6/teachers_act_quickly_to_aid_stricken_child/
Two calm and quick-thinking teachers may have saved a little girl's life Friday after the 6-year-old collapsed while walking across a gymnasium at East Boston Central Catholic School due to an unknown problem with her heart, officials said.

Kindergarten teacher Kathy Carabine and sixth-grade teacher Robert Casaletto performed CPR on the girl, whose heart had stopped, officials said.

When Michael Steiner, a Boston EMT, arrived, the teachers were performing CPR, but the girl had no pulse and was not breathing on her own. The EMTs continued CPR and eventually administered a shock from a defibrillator, which restored the girl's heartbeat.

javajunkie

Forum Probie
That is good news! One more example of quick response time and layperson CPR helping save someone.

marineman

Forum Asst. Chief
Solid work by the teachers. Sounds like a case to get AED's placed in every school. In the area I live in every school in the district has a minimum of 2 AED's. All teachers should be trained in CPR and AED use just in case.

rescuepoppy

Forum Lieutenant
Solid work by the teachers. Sounds like a case to get AED's placed in every school. In the area I live in every school in the district has a minimum of 2 AED's. All teachers should be trained in CPR and AED use just in case.

Got my vote for that. Great work by the teachers.

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
A good success story! Teachers and the EMTs gave a second chance to a young girl! Solid work.