Tatical medic

jwilbz03

Forum Probie
Anyone ever persue the option of becoming a tatical EMS personal? Where you would be part of a swat team, or any other hostile enviroment to conduct your duties. Any one have any information regarding this? I know there are academys where you can learn manuevers after getting your EMT-P in order to be qualified for this type of position.

mc400

Forum Crew Member
There just is not a lot of spots. Military is the best way by far. Here in AZ some FD's provide medics to the cities swat teams. Other agencies like MCSO or DPS have officers that are medics, etc.

I have a buddy working right now for a gov't contractor as a medic with a security detachment that patrols some areas of concern around our borders, mostly waterborn operations.

emtJR86

Forum Probie
Anyone ever persue the option of becoming a tatical EMS personal? Where you would be part of a swat team, or any other hostile enviroment to conduct your duties. Any one have any information regarding this? I know there are academys where you can learn manuevers after getting your EMT-P in order to be qualified for this type of position.

In a tiny northern Michigan town called Gaylord, they have a Special Ops unit designated as similar to "Tactical EMS" The company is Otsego County EMS. Give them a call? A guy named Mike C is huge in their educational dept and I know he's on the Special Ops unit.

Matt Colb

Forum Probie
I received a letter in the mail about that. It actually would be pretty cool. I love shooting guns. I am looking to buy myself a Glock soon. It would be a big rush. But I have wanted to do fire