Taking written Test for AMR tommorow.

proto707

Forum Ride Along
Hey everyone, I'm taking the written test for AMR. I've heard differing in opinions from friends here. Has anyone taken this test and or work with AMR currently? How was it? Close to NREMT? I'm feeling confident.

Hastings

Noobie
Confirmed. Easier than NREMT. If you passed the National Registry, you have no excuse not to do fine on their test.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
So, how'd it go?

MattCA

Forum Crew Member
So how do you apply for AMR? I printed out the application but dont know where to take it in becasue I remember on my ride along I was banging on the doors forever and no one answered. I finally went around back to the supply depot and they were all there. I dont want to take it there though because it will probably get lost.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
That depends on where you want to work. Some divisions, you turn it in at the front office, during normal business hours. Some divisions they go to a central recruiting center.

MattCA

Forum Crew Member
Ya this whole hiring process is kind of confusing me. I wondering if maybe the human resources department just isnt open on weekend here or something. They don't really give any info online. Rural/Metro has an invalid email address.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Matt, normal business hours in monday through friday 8 am to 5 pm.

OP
OP
P

proto707

Forum Ride Along
Test was a walk in the park compared the NREMT. Now just waiting to do their 'physical' test which mostly consists of lifting up to 180lbs?? someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
It was 140 when I did it. Maybe it depends on your area, because I've heard 180 before.