Takin'

kecpercussion

Forum Lieutenant
Taking the AMR EVOC written and driving test tomorrow, wish me luck, i am super super nervous?!

Bloom-IUEMT

Forum Lieutenant
Good luck even though you won't get this in time! I didn't have to take any Evoc courses for my employer; however, we do have a system in all our trucks that measures breaking, acceleration and lateral G force on the truck and tone out an audible warning when we drive too aggressively. It can be annoying at times because if we back up the rig we are required to have a spotter press a button at the back of the vehicle.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Good luck even though you won't get this in time! I didn't have to take any Evoc courses for my employer; however, we do have a system in all our trucks that measures breaking, acceleration and lateral G force on the truck and tone out an audible warning when we drive too aggressively. It can be annoying at times because if we back up the rig we are required to have a spotter press a button at the back of the vehicle.

Ah, yes, Road Safety, love it, hate it, learn to make it work for you :)

kec, why are you nervous, it's just a big heavy van. Nothing to be nervous about, not like they make you drive the mods!

JonTullos

Forum Captain
Don't be nervous... there's nothing to an EVOC test. You'll be fine. :)

Sasha

Forum Chief
Ah, yes, Road Safety, love it, hate it, learn to make it work for you :)

kec, why are you nervous, it's just a big heavy van. Nothing to be nervous about, not like they make you drive the mods!

I prefer driving the type IIIs. They drive better and handle easier then the big chunky top heavy van. They're also more comfortable to sit in.

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
I prefer driving the type IIIs. They drive better and handle easier then the big chunky top heavy van. They're also more comfortable to sit in.

Yeah, they're also wider than just about anything most people have driven before joining EMS, takes some getting used to. For what it's worth, I don't have problems with them anymore, but the first few times I had to drive them was a bit scary.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah, they're also wider than just about anything most people have driven before joining EMS, takes some getting used to. For what it's worth, I don't have problems with them anymore, but the first few times I had to drive them was a bit scary.

I drove our Full Mod NICU Type III from North Orange County to our main base during Rush hour. That pretty much alleviated any fears I had of driving it :p