Student Tips and Advice Needed.

NWemsgeek

Forum Ride Along
I just signed up for an EMT B course at my local community college in Northern Idaho. Does anyone have any tips when it comes to studying? I am also going to reach out to my local volunteer Fire/EMS department and see if they would be willing to help me practice the skills portions since the only real practice time we would get would be in class. The book we are using is AAOS Emergency Care and Transport of the Sick and Injured 11th ed. I got the book early and do not start until August 16th. I was thinking the bulk of studying before I start will probably memorizing the medical terminology. Opinions? Tips? Advice? Any and all would be greatly appreciated.
a6af8d65ed8e541b4741cf66d4d4e940.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

mgr22

Forum Deputy Chief
Christopher, I see you're 28. When was the last time you were in a classroom? Why did you decide to take an EMT-B course? What are your goals after graduating?

MWN1998

Forum Ride Along
When you read your book, actually read. Don't just skim it and expect you'll pass. What I did for class prep was I read my brother's EMT book cover to cover at least twice, and I also took a high school A&P course. Medical terminology would've helped as well, but A&P was what the majority of my 15 classmates struggled with the most.