Stolen Ambulance

Ensihoitaja

Forum Captain
It baffles me that more places don't use kill switches on their ambulances. When I get on scene I just have to push the button and take the keys with me. If anyone tries to put the ambulance in gear or hits the brake the engine shuts off and and the horn starts honking.

It's super easy and I don't have to worry about the ambulance starting up, getting too hot, too cold, etc.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
None of our ambulances are equipped with the kill switch. We also leave the ambulances running for our entire 12 hour shift.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
None of our ambulances are equipped with the kill switch. We also leave the ambulances running for our entire 12 hour shift.

To add to Deserts post. We also have these "fancy" key fobs to where we can lock the doors on scene and at the hospital. No kill switch required.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
To add to Deserts post. We also have these "fancy" key fobs to where we can lock the doors on scene and at the hospital. No kill switch required.
Sadly not all of our units have the key fobs. I think there are 1 or 2 ALS units that don't.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
Sadly not all of our units have the key fobs. I think there are 1 or 2 ALS units that don't.

Well in all honesty they hardly get used to begin with.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
The trucks we have with the key fobs will automatically unlock the doors 30 seconds after you remotely lock them. I guess the ambulances think that we are going to lose the fob