Statpack wanted

EMT-P633

Forum Crew Member
Was wondering if anyone has a Statpak for sale? would like to find a load n go or larger since I will be carrying a D o2 tank, would like to find one for under $100 if available.

scottmcleod

Forum Crew Member
Looked at the ferno kigali bags? They've got a much lower profile than the load 'n go, but can carry a D-tank (45L Bag), Reg & gear. They're a S&R bag, designed for ski patrol, but function as a GREAT backpack.

Our supervisors wore them for an all night (14 hour) event we were covering. They held:
- D Tank & Reg
- 2 of each O2 mask
- Basic Bleed Kit (rollers/gauze/abdopad)
- Limb Kit (Hot/coldx2, samsplints, space blanket, etc...)
- Diagnostics Kit (BP, Penlite, Shears, BGL Meter, Thermometer, etc...)
- Drug Kit (Epi/ASA/Ventolin/Nitro/Glucagon/Gravol/Benadryl/Tylenol/etc... & 21/25/27 ga needles)
- Gloves
- Water

There was enough for 2-3 calls in the bag, and they were EXTREMELY comfortable.

Ferno sells them up here in Canada for 145$ new (The Kigali 45L)

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
You are selling me on that Kigali. Too bad we already have Iron Duck bags.

My beef with many packs they make nowadays is that the upper end of the straps are just sewn into the welt at the top of the padding where it joins the top of the compartment instead of being "cross stitched" (strap sewn on with an "X" shape, then the "X" is boxed with a square of stitching) like a parachute onto the padding layer. Otherwise one day you grab the pack by it's shoulder straps and they jerk out of the body.

Anomalous

Forum Lieutenant
If you are looking for durable try:

http://www.tuffbagoriginal.com/

They make bags mostly for railroaders but they have plenty of pockets, etc. I have used mine for 15 years of climbing up and down trains and I'm hoping to not have to buy another for the 9 years I have left. The handles go all the way around and they will also make any custom changes you want. I like the thermos pocket on the end. It may hold a D tank.

OP
OP
EMT-P633

EMT-P633

Forum Crew Member
thanks guys will look into these.