state test vs class test

redbull

Forum Lieutenant
I got an 82 on my 150q class final exam. A little disappointed given that I thought I did rather well on it.

There were some questions that I thought were really tricky because all the answers were similar.

How does the state test differ from the class?

mar7967

Forum Crew Member
what state?

it depends on the state, and who you took the course through (or your instructors if it is not a common test between classes). When I took my class test in NY, the instructors made it so it was not the same as any other class. And it was a bit easier than the state test...they tried to make it just like the state test but it was not.

but like I said, it really depends...

rescue99

Forum Deputy Chief
I got an 82 on my 150q class final exam. A little disappointed given that I thought I did rather well on it.

There were some questions that I thought were really tricky because all the answers were similar.

How does the state test differ from the class?

Hope it's just the same. It is very difficult to write a decent critical measurement using multiple choice answers without using strong distractors. Congrats on passing and good luck on the next exam.

OP
OP
R

redbull

Forum Lieutenant
what state?

it depends on the state, and who you took the course through (or your instructors if it is not a common test between classes). When I took my class test in NY, the instructors made it so it was not the same as any other class. And it was a bit easier than the state test...they tried to make it just like the state test but it was not.

but like I said, it really depends...

newyork

Longo118

Forum Probie
Everyone always told me the NYS written is MUCH easier than the final exam, so i was happy as all hell after i found out i got a 90 on my final.

I kept up my studying to prep me for my state written and it was a huge difference from what everyone told me. My state written was 10 times harder than my final was, also considering the fact there was roughly 70% OBGYN questions (my weakest area) haha

So i would say it doesnt even depend on state, it just depends on the people who make up the exam (Strict people from albany and rockland)

emt seeking first job

Forum Asst. Chief
At my school, it was an open secret the school final, which you have to pass to take the state final was harder.

It weeded out people not ready for the state test and allows the school to say 95% pass the state (without mentioning that many who enroll never get to sit for it).

Best wishes and good luck with yours.

dudemanguy

Forum Lieutenant
82 out of 150 and you still passed? My class final was 150 questions too, get less than 120 right and the person got an an invitation to take the class again next year instead of an authorization to test for the NREMT.

EDIT:
Unless of course you meant 82%

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
R

redbull

Forum Lieutenant
82 out of 150 and you still passed? My class final was 150 questions too, get less than 120 right and the person got an an invitation to take the class again next year instead of an authorization to test for the NREMT.

EDIT:
Unless of course you meant 82%

82%. i got 123/150 right.