Starting pay up to 19.00 per hour!

Level1pedstech

Forum Captain
After finishing on the other thread I checked on the ER tech jobs at Swedish Hospital in the Seattle area. They have multiple openings at the present time and pay very well. Starting pay is 15.93 with minimum qualifications, experience will land you a higher starting rate usually its safe to figure 30% of full scale give or take a little on either end. Experience probably means patient care in the field or at another ER but if you can sell your package you never know. We hire people with zero experience once in a while but they are generally very bright folks and do an outstanding job of selling themselves to the ER manager. Even if your fresh out of your basic class I would get an application in, once again you never know. If you figure in the differentials (nights,weekends) you could start at just south of 19.00 per hour.

I don't know of many positions in the field even at the medic level that are paying that to start. And the few that do are very difficult to get and are usually fire based. If you figure in great benes and usually a decent predictable schedule its not a bad way to go at least until you land your real job.. Some are part time or per diem positions but with the high turn over rate you probably would not have a very long wait for a full time spot.

I expect to see all of you out of work up there beating down the door for your chance to interview. If you get called I would be glad to help you prepare for your interview and my only fee is that you pay it forward in the future. Good luck

OP
OP
L

Level1pedstech

Forum Captain
I should have been more specific about where the jobs were. I apologise to those from the areas outside of Washington that took the bait.

Some of you may want to consider a move out west if you really are serious about finding work. Don't be mislead by people that tell you its to expensive to live in the Puget Sound area. Seattle is very expensive but if you move out in a circle there are plenty of affordable areas. Also there is nothing about WA state certification being required for the position just that EMT training is desirable.