Starting First EMT-B Job

n_shapley

Forum Ride Along
Hi everyone,

I am starting my first EMT-B job after being licensed a month ago. I go up tomorrow to fill out my paperwork and schedule orientation.

What questions should I ask the boss?

And does anyone know how orientation works? Is it like any other shift?

We work 72/48 schedule. I would just like to be prepared for this so that I don't appear to be so nervous.

Thanks for your time!
Nichole

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
You work 3 days on, 2 days off?!

Orientation depends on the company. It could be a 30 min thing in a back room, or it can be a 3 month program.

As for questions to ask-- what do you want to know? Those typically are the ones you want to ask :p

OP
OP
n_shapley

n_shapley

Forum Ride Along
As for questions to ask-- what do you want to know? Those typically are the ones you want to ask :p

That reminds me of something my husband would say!<_<
That's ok though I like him enough I reckon!

The shift runs 3 on 2 off, 2 on 3 off. I know I'll have a travel allowance (119 mile drive). Uniforms are included, but what does "uniforms" typically consist of?

I don't know. . . I guess I'm just nervous. It is a small town, with big crime and sheriffs dept. is 25 miles away. I reckon I'm just being a "girl" :wacko:

Sizz

Forum Lieutenant
Uniforms

I'd guess a comfortable pair of boots and Ems Cargo pants along w/ shirt which the company might have an allowance for. Maybe a nice pair of shears:)