Starting EMT program in MAY

BJJ247

Forum Probie
So i am starting EMT-B in May. I ordered the text book early to get a head start. I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to actually study for this course. Such as note taking, flash cards. What worked for you guys?

I am trying to become an EMT-B in NYC i am 20. While working as EMT-B i also plan on getting my paramedic classes in, and eventually applying to the Fire dept.

Any help on what i should expect as for job hunting/competition would also be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

restlessprairie

Forum Probie
I just read the book and talked with my classmates. I know a lot of folks used flash cards for definitions. I also used an online nremt prep site that I think was helpful in pointing out what I didn't know. :)

Good Luck!

OP
OP
B

BJJ247

Forum Probie
Thanks man!
If anyone who is a current EMT/Paramedic and would like to share their study and/or employment tips that would be great! Esp. for NYC. I know YOU guys see me!

Jmo371

Forum Crew Member
I am an Nys emt and the state basic course is not hard. Big things for me read a chapter ahead take notes of definitions and use flash cards. Pay attention in class and do as much hands on as you can. If you can do extra ride time do it too.