Southwest Ambulance in Tucson Az

EMTBeau

Forum Ride Along
So I finally got a callback from Southwest Ambulance, aka. Rural/metro. I was told that I was a very desirable candidate from their employment director and that I needed to come and take a test and do an oral board before I can get a job offer from them. I'm not worried about the oral board but I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of test it is, how long it is, and what it covers. A buddy of mine said it was mostly about shock, types of consent, and why I want to work for them. Can anyone who works for them or has taken a test with them possibly tell me what to expect? I have to score an 80% or better, which is a typical EMS standard, to get hired. Any help would be appreciated.

slarve23

Forum Ride Along
I have to say that for us in the valley we just had an interview... I'm not to sure how things are done down in tucson. We also have to work a minimum of 1yr IF before switching over to the ems side. Hope it helps .

RSKS

Forum Ride Along
So I finally got a callback from Southwest Ambulance, aka. Rural/metro. I was told that I was a very desirable candidate from their employment director and that I needed to come and take a test and do an oral board before I can get a job offer from them. I'm not worried about the oral board but I was wondering if anyone knew what kind of test it is, how long it is, and what it covers. A buddy of mine said it was mostly about shock, types of consent, and why I want to work for them. Can anyone who works for them or has taken a test with them possibly tell me what to expect? I have to score an 80% or better, which is a typical EMS standard, to get hired. Any help would be appreciated.

So did you move further in the process? Did you get hired?