Sound off: Which is worse, New Years Eve or New Years Day.

DG214

Forum Ride Along
In my experience, New Years Day is worse than New Years Eve. It's mainly due to the steady calls but most seem to be minor things that don't warrant an ambulance, let alone transport. What's your experience in your system?

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
Day, lots of people calling for hangover related complaints.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Technically day, since most people don't leave the party's till after midnight which means it's no longer eve.

SoggyToes

Forum Ride Along
Amateur night is always busier in the city I work in. We did 5 consecutive calls from 8 to midnight and each one was under 16 and unresponsive due to ETOH...

medicRob

Forum Deputy Chief
New year's day..

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
The whole bloody weekend.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
The whole bloody weekend.

This. I've had the worst 24. I was supposed to be 36, but due to a call we had earlier today the chief arranged relief for me and my partner 12 hours early.

C.T.E.M.R.

Forum Lieutenant
New years eve.. at least for me.. if you get a chance read my new thread, and youll see why

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Well last night was pretty busy in the ED, so I guess I'll have to compare it when I go back tonight

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
It's funny, but I'd have to say overall, my experience around Holidays was more went on the day AFTER the Holiday, which in this case would mean Jan. 2nd.

i5adam8

Forum Crew Member
I worked a 48 beginning at 8am Friday,the 31st and got done on Sunday the 2nd at 8am. Most of my calls were on New years Day. Beginning at around 5:30am Saturday morning I ran a steady flow of calls that didn't stop until 2:30am Sunday morning. I would say at least 2-3 were alcohol related.

eynonqrs

Forum Lieutenant
I'd have to say both. I just got home from doing the overnight dispatch tour for the weekend. We got clobbered. Between the amateur drinkers and beer muscles. If it was fights, it was ETOH overdoses, etc. My crews ran non stop. I couldn't keep a unit in service for more than 10 or 15 min. It seems to get worse every year.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Well the night of New Year's day wasn't nearly as bad as New Year's Eve...however, I did get to intubate a COPD patient on New Year's day, so it was a little more interesting.