Some questions regarding the EMT program

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Yes, some are longer however that is at the discretion of the individual program; the NSC was designed to be able to be taught in no more than 110 hours it would seem.

dudemanguy

Forum Lieutenant
If they do increase the minimum to 150-190 hours, that probably wont affect most programs, as most of them already have that many hours. But at least it will get rid of these EMT mills and "accelerated" programs that give EMTs a bad name.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
If they do increase the minimum to 150-190 hours, that probably wont affect most programs, as most of them already have that many hours. But at least it will get rid of these EMT mills and "accelerated" programs that give EMTs a bad name.

It might, but who's to say instead of say 12 days of 10 hours they won't have 15 or 19 days of 10 hours?

Trauma Chaser

Forum Probie
hahaha an accelerated EMT course. Good luck! It's nearly impossible to learn everything in an accelerated course. Plus there are a ton of schools that offer them and do a horrible job in teaching. Hope you did your research on them.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
hahaha an accelerated EMT course. Good luck! It's nearly impossible to learn everything in an accelerated course. Plus there are a ton of schools that offer them and do a horrible job in teaching. Hope you did your research on them.

Who said their aim was to learn? Accelerated courses are about memorizing what's necessary to pass the credentialing exam, not learning and being a good provider.

Trauma Chaser

Forum Probie
Who said their aim was to learn? Accelerated courses are about memorizing what's necessary to pass the credentialing exam, not learning and being a good provider.

LOL I Suppose. I've precepted some of those students and I do not even let them take vitals. They few I do let I always double check them. It scares me thinking these people might be out on there own some day.