so ive decided to go on to paramedic school

wlamoreemtb

Forum Crew Member
Ok so its been on my mind for a while. I have decided that im definetly doing it. I have an interview with a hospital on monday for sponsorship ( I have a few high ranking people pulling for me!!!) The big question is me getting accepted into the college program. Well wish me luck Ill keep posted on my progress

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Are you applying to UMDNJ?

You could also come into Manhattan and do BMCC medic program or the St. Vinnie's program.

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
Good on you!
We are behind you in every way, I'm sure!
I'll cross my fingers and toes!

Cheers Enjoynz

piranah

Forum Captain
i will say one thing.....going into paramedic school is going to be unlike anything youve ever done prepared to give up your social life for school.....it sux im not gunna lie but i think its worth it........congrats

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I didn't have a social life to begin with so nothing lost. Once I joimned medic school old friends came out of the woodwork an d wanted to hang. Go figure. :rolleyes:

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
nah...it's not as bad as people make it out to be.^_^ good luck, i hope you pass your first time.

OP
OP
W

wlamoreemtb

Forum Crew Member
Thanks everyone I was going to school for forestry but i finnished my associates and didnt wanna go back i want medic school much more. My social life now is my work and rescue squad thats it haha

Wrecktangle

Forum Ride Along
First post!

Best of luck in getting in, as a medic student half way through the program I can definately say its been a challenge. We started with 25+ in the class and are now down to 12 after last weeks midterm. As long as you put in your hours of hard studying and reading you will do good. Enjoy!

GonnaBeEMT

Forum Crew Member
I'm starting medic school this fall..........I just passed the NREMT-B test a couple weeks ago. I am kind of nervous.

OP
OP
W

wlamoreemtb

Forum Crew Member
im in!!!! i got accepted starting in fall

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
I'm starting medic school this fall..........I just passed the NREMT-B test a couple weeks ago. I am kind of nervous.
are you sure your ready...did you take your A&P first cause if not this is gonna be one tough calss.

OP
OP
W

wlamoreemtb

Forum Crew Member
I will be taking a&p this summer and im pretty nervous about it I do believe I'm ready though

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeremy89

Forum Captain
I will be taking a&p this summer and im pretty nervous about it I do believe I'm ready though

All I can say is study, study, study! I underestimated the difficulty of the course and the study time required and ended up dropping it with a failing grade. Gonna try again this Fall though!

Good luck!

GonnaBeEMT

Forum Crew Member
are you sure your ready...did you take your A&P first cause if not this is gonna be one tough calss.

I took two semesters of college level A&P this last year along with all the other pre reqs for the associates degree medic program. I don't have any field experience other than ride times and ER time thats what makes me nervous.

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
I took two semesters of college level A&P this last year along with all the other pre reqs for the associates degree medic program. I don't have any field experience other than ride times and ER time thats what makes me nervous.
a ton of people will tell you that you need to hone your basic skills first or you will have a hard time making it as a medic. yeah they told me that too and i flew thought the medic program with a 98% and passed the NREMT-P first time. you will be fine don't worry the experience just makes you forget all of the stuff you learned in the book. of coarse then again it makes it harder for instinct to take over and tell you to do basic first then advance. you will be just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
W

wlamoreemtb

Forum Crew Member
Now the question is which stethoscope to get. any suggestions? looking at adc right now

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
Now the question is which stethoscope to get. any suggestions? looking at adc right now
well, if your good with a cheap one then move to the expensive one, if you can't find a good BP on a cheap one then stick with it until you can. But I would go with the Littman Cardiologist II that’s what I use and it makes a huge difference.

OP
OP
W

wlamoreemtb

Forum Crew Member
well, if your good with a cheap one then move to the expensive one, if you can't find a good BP on a cheap one then stick with it until you can. But I would go with the Littman Cardiologist II that’s what I use and it makes a huge difference.
Thank you kind sir. I hate my sprague <_< now its time for a new one

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
Thank you kind sir. I hate my sprague <_< now its time for a new one
Then you will love a Littman there around $110.00 but they are well worth it, they make a regular heart beat and BP sound like a base drum right next to your head.

OP
OP
W

wlamoreemtb

Forum Crew Member
awesome! ill take that into consideration thanks for all of your help. How long have you been a medic mikey