"Sirens" the TV show

whereswaldo

Forum Ride Along
The US version of "Sirens" is like the drunk guy at the bar who's trying WAAAY too hard to be "cool" and mack on the ladies. It just seems so forced, scripted, and fake. It's not the language, I'm not put off by swearing or anything, but the show just seems so trite.

The UK version is much better. Just as much language and sexual undertones, but characters/actors that are far more real and relatable.

you know if its available online to watch? I'd like to see it. But I get what you mean, their choice of cast was pretty bad. Even some of their characters, Rabbit was a pretty stupid and unrealistic character.

vcuemt

Ambulance Driver
you know if its available online to watch? I'd like to see it. But I get what you mean, their choice of cast was pretty bad. Even some of their characters, Rabbit was a pretty stupid and unrealistic character.

Not legally, but if you google "watch sirens uk" you should be able to come up with something

OnceAnEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
It is available on UVerse for free, if you've got it.

Watched up to Episode 7 this last weekend. I guess my expectations were a bit high. I thought there would be legitimate scene management and patient treatment. But uh... no.

That said, its a funny show and I'll keep watching. Just thought it'd be targeted more to first responders as an audience then the general public. That said, who needs money anyway, right?

OP
OP
G

GoldcrossEMTbasic

Forum Lieutenant
It's targeting the sexual orientation of people, not patient care. It's a new generation of entertainment. But the language for a cable network filthy!:rofl: I remember watching blazing saddles back in the old school days, the TV networks censored the flatulence scenes. But today it's all right use the SH:censored::censored::censored: Word. "I think you get the point!" But we need a laugh sometimes when we work in EMS, and "Sirens" happens to be one of them.