September 11, 2001 - September 11, 2011: We Remember

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
A decade ago today, 2,973 people lost their lives in a series of terrorist attacks in New York, Washington DC, and Pennsylvania. During the collapse of the World Trade Center Towers, 343 FDNY rescue workers made the ultimate sacrifice so that others may live.

Police officers, firefighters, and medics were among the first to respond to the disasters. Many gave their lives doing what they loved and believed in.

Whether we're in EMS, Fire, or any other public service, we have an awesome responsibility. We also have a extraordinary ability to affect others in the most profound manner. To all those who are in public service, I thank you for your dedication to a truly noble profession, and I remember those valiant professionals who never returned home on September 11, 2001.

I hope all of you continue to do what you love, and remain safe wherever you may be.

llavero

Forum Crew Member
On that tragic date, ten years ago, I was working on a journal and I remember the uproar that occurred to hear that news. I remember the devastation that was in our journal, I remember the face of anguish from people, I remember we were all awaiting the news coming from USA and over all I remember the great sadness and sense of powerlessness over this disaster. Today, our hearts (of my family and mine) are with you. We, in Spain, have the problem of the terrorist group ETA and we know very well how people feel. My best wishes for peace and prosperity from Spain.