September 11, 2001 - September 11, 2010: We Remember

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I'm sorry, but what does a robbery in 1981 have to do with 9/11?

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Easy. It was a robberry carried out by the black liberation army and the weather underground, 2 groups that could be considered domestic terrorist groups. The NYPD/FBI Joint Terrorist Task Force competed with the Joint NYPD/FBI bank robbey ttask force for these investigations. Memebers of the Black liberation group were later found to be training members behind the assassination of controversial Rabbi Kahane and the 1993 WTC attackers.

emt seeking first job

Forum Asst. Chief

A person who survived the robbery died at 9/11.

Joseph Trombino, A Brinks Security Guard died at WTC on 911.

He survived the Weather Underground Robbery.

The same person on scene at two historical criminal scenes.

firecoins

IFT Puppet
A person who survived the robbery died at 9/11.

Joseph Trombino, A Brinks Security Guard died at WTC on 911.

He survived the Weather Underground Robbery.

The same person on scene at two historical criminal scenes.

Thats a much better connection than what I had.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Ok, that makes more sense.

I understood the historical aspect of it, but EMT made it sound like the people involved in earlier incidents should also be listed with the 9/11 dead.

emt seeking first job

Forum Asst. Chief
Ok, that makes more sense.

I understood the historical aspect of it, but EMT made it sound like the people involved in earlier incidents should also be listed with the 9/11 dead.

No, not at all, I just believe that if a victim were working in any sort of public safety capacity, he or she should be listed as such by agency.

The Trombino story is interesting. Most armed guards do their jobs with no unusual incident. This person was on duty during two major well know crimes. He reacted with courage and survived the robbery. Most LEO's do not even have a shootout like that. Unfortunately, at the WTC he was guarding the truck in a deep sub-basement bay.

I wish he had escaped to some underground cavity and survived.