Seizure

Veneficus

Forum Chief
I think I've been puked on by more postictal patients than any other type, except maybe drunks.

If you stand behind your basic and direct them to get the vital signs, that won't happen to you. :unsure:;)

OP
OP
U

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Say what? What kind of Ativan and IN devices are you using? I know for a fact that we can not push Ativan though our IN devices, because of the Ativan not being water based. When we tested it out (with expired Ativan) it eventually shot out in a straight stream through the very tip once enough pressure was applied.

We use the standard MAD. As far as who makes the lorazepam, I haven't the foggiest, it comes from the pharmacy and we were told it could be used nasally with no issues. Squirts easily from the device. I'm on shift tommorow I'll look closer at it and get some more info.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Interesting, I wonder if you guys have a specially formulated version or something.

RNL

Forum Probie
In 15 years of active volley and career service I can't recall any that puked in my care. Foaming, heavy secretions yes.... but none that I can remember that actually vomited... strange.

Brain oedema, bleeding to CNS- patient may be combative, disoriented, and may vomit

Do you know the final diagnosis usalsfyre?

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
He should be thankful he only had a siezure on Greyhound and didn't get murdered, seriously.

Stair chair and drive to the hospital.

18G

Paramedic
Brain oedema, bleeding to CNS- patient may be combative, disoriented, and may vomit

I'm not talking about seizures as a secondary manifestation from head trauma, head bleed, or the like. I am referring to the typical epileptic having seizures.

RNL

Forum Probie
I'm not talking about seizures as a secondary manifestation from head trauma, head bleed, or the like. I am referring to the typical epileptic having seizures.

I agree, but in this particular case, bleeding to CNS due to a ruptured aneurysma (congenital vessel malformation, let's say, taking in to consideration patient's age) may be the reason (ofcourse epilepsia or drug intoxication is much more common). That's why I would take such patient to hospital ASAP.
What were the eye pupils? Narrow? Wide? Asymmetric?

Last edited by a moderator:

Melclin

Forum Deputy Chief
I wasn't aware of the relationship between loraz and phenytoin, thanks.

I was ganna guess that he was a benzo addict and was having a nasty withdrawal.