Seasonal Work

Jersey

Forum Crew Member
Hey Guys,

I'm an experienced Critical Care Paramedic and have recently gone back to school full time at a four year college to do pre medical stuff.

Heres my question: Since I go to school full time during the year (and have a medic job at school), I have the ENTIRE summer season from May to September free. Does anyone know anywhere fun/interesting that employs seasonal paramedics?

There is a sizable reward in terms of (prize to be determined) for anybody that knows of anything!

All the best,
Jersey

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Six Flags Magic Mountain

8jimi8

CFRN
you could try something like a knolls course, or some type of climbing, rafting / adventure guiding outfit. pm me for contact info! B)

BLSBoy

makes good girls go bad
We put up an extra truck here in Cape May County.
Contact AtlantiCare EMS.
609-407-6360.
Are you NJ MICP?

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief
you could try something like a knolls course, or some type of climbing, rafting / adventure guiding outfit. pm me for contact info! B)

Just to throw in this information: to do EMS work for any type of rafting/adventure guiding/climbing, etc, etc, you need to be certified to work under those conditions. These certifications include rapid water rescue, mountain rescue, high angle rescue, deep water rescue. In addition to those, preference is given by employers to those who have their advanced certificates in climbing, swimming, rafting and the like.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Well... if you are willing to work for very low pay, free camp food, and a place to sleep... there is always Scout camps. I worked at one last summer - It can be a blast... it is what you make of it.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Some Haunted houses hire EMTs/Paramedics on standby. Around here, the usually double as security.

cfrench

Forum Crew Member
A lot of resort communities up here add on the perdiem staff for the summer rush. My second job puts another truck on for the summer. I have to assume it may be similar at some Jersey shore communities.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Mt, aren't you busy looking for a hunter or something?

:rolleyes:
Poster, if you are looking for a iob for next summer, now is the time to start if not last month. Before they close see about what/who these places want to hire, sned out emails and letters before they shutter up for the winter. Ask about special certifications, and name/address/phoine number of persdon to contact about hiring, and when.

Oh, also look into how you will live if you have to relocate for the job. Rent, local expenses (like, gas at Tahoe is 30% higher than down here etc), if your vehicle will weather the weather.

Consider working for a smaller ambulance company, sometimes they are very flexible around your hours, and while it will not be cutting edge it can bring in some moolah and give you some really good stories for EMTLIFE and your grandkids.