Search and Rescue

m33kr0b

Forum Crew Member
How many of you out there take part in (wilderness) Search and Rescue?

Just checking to see how many of you there are.

FF/EMT Sam

Forum Lieutenant
We're not officially trained to do S&R, but when you call 911 around here, you get shiny red trucks filled with people who do the best they can. If that includes S&R, so be it.

Personally, I've done a water search with help from the Marine Police and Coast Guard (who told us what to do), and a search through the woods for an Alzheimer's patient who wandered off (found safely).

YYCmedic

Forum Crew Member
I'm certified in High Angle rescue here in Alberta. Never have put it to any use though, could be that we dont have too many mountains within city limits, haha.

KEVD18

Forum Deputy Chief
basic emt, wemt, tech rescue, heavy extrication. fun times.

glocker21

Forum Ride Along
Civil Air Patrol

I am a 1LT in Civil Air Patrol. My job title is Wing Emergency Services Train ing Officer as well as Assistant Wing Health Services Officer. My specific duties are to establish traing for Officers and Cadets serving in Emergency Services Ground Teams. Part of that intails teaching first aid, CPR, and AED. We do have EMT/B/I types serving. I am currently establishing two hasty teams.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
We're not officially trained to do S&R, but when you call 911 around here, you get shiny red trucks filled with people who do the best they can. If that includes S&R, so be it.

Personally, I've done a water search with help from the Marine Police and Coast Guard (who told us what to do), and a search through the woods for an Alzheimer's patient who wandered off (found safely).
That is how we roll out here, too... the FD will gladly come out and run crews through fields to find the little old alzthimers pt's who wander off.