schools in SoCal and cost

ChanelCinq

Forum Lieutenant
Actually, so is an NP in California. The California Board of Nursing has even gone so far to say that there's no scope of practice difference between NPs and RNs in California and that NPs have to follow "standardized procedures," otherwise under California law they would be practicing medicine.

"
Standardized procedures are the legal mechanism for RNs and NPs to perform functions which otherwise would be considered the practice of medicine."
http://www.rn.ca.gov/pdfs/regulations/npr-b-19.pdf

Further information on Standardized Procedures in regards to NPs in California.
http://www.rn.ca.gov/pdfs/regulations/npr-b-20.pdf

I forgot the semantics of all of it and I was doing this research about 5 years ago so this could have changed. Or I remember info wrong. But I do remember that NPs had more autonomy then PAs.

djarmpit

Forum Lieutenant
www.emt-oc.com
www.westcoastemt.com
www.ciemt.com
www.link2life.org

Go to one of these, study hard, get through the class, and then pass the national! Things I used to study for the national were:
-EMT Achieve
-Flash Card book
-And of course my textbook.

AFTER you pass the national (you should be able to find out if you passed the next day like I did, and receive your paperwork 2-3 weeks later), get ready to cough up more time and money.

To work in Orange County (and to even get an interview at most places) you will need:
-Ambulance Drivers License
-OC Accreditation
-DL51 (which is completed with your ADL)
-Around 2-3 live scans
-State License/County License (you can purchase these together)
I believe this is most of it.

In LA you will need most of the same except you will have to get an LA DOT and get the LA scope.

magghu

Forum Ride Along
Get best guide to human anatomy

You can get best guide to human anatomy here

PaddyWagon

Forum Crew Member
CSULB has an EMT basic course, full day Saturdays for three months coming up soon. Just under $1k plus uniform for clinicals and livescan, which is in range of the others. All the other messages sound like what I've heard from LA/OC