School bus crash in MO. Wow.

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Did you guys see this today? 2 killed, 50 injured, an SUV pinned on top of a tractor trailer and under a school bus, which was jacked up 15 feet in the air.

http://www.jems.com/photos/missouri-school-bus-crash

I can imagine pulling up on this scene and getting pretty overwhelmed, pretty quickly.

How long do you think it would take to clear this scene in your system?

EmtTravis

Forum Captain
This happened about an hour from where I live. I have taken that road to six flags many times. I watched this on the 11 o'clock news this morning. Its sad that something like this happened.

Archymomma

Forum Crew Member
The kids were from the neighboring town - about 5 miles from here. This will be felt in our community for a long time. :sad:

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
That is crazy!

It would take my system without outside help hours and hours to clear that scene. We only have six transport ambulances in the county and four fire/first response ambulances scattered throughout the various fire districts which we have used to transport people in extreme cases. We would probably be calling AMR up from Spokane if anything like that happened. Although to have 50 people injured in my area would require a carpet bombing since people are so few and far between. The odds of having two school buses, and 18 wheeler and other vehicles involved has got to be less than nothing.

CountryEMT-bGurl

Forum Lieutenant
It was very sad. The kids were from a school that is only 35 miles from me!! And the bus that was going to pick the other children up from the hospital crashed on its was there!! Dont know if anyone knew that. Brakes went out!! Thank heavens they didnt have the kids picked up and then that happened!

foxfire

Forum Asst. Chief
jumping catfish! that is intense!
the community will be in my prayers and thoughts.