Scholarships and grants for Medic Training

Youngin

Forum Crew Member
Premium Member
I was wondering if anyone knew of grants and/or scholarships for medic training that are not done through technical colleges? I'm planning on starting medic in August at a "private, non-profit agency", so I won't be able to get any state or federal scholarships/grants/loans, at least as far as I know.

I was wondering if anyone had any information on private grants/scholarships for medic school. Any help is appreciated.

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
What do you mean by "starting medic" at a private non-profit agency in August? If this refers to paramedic school, are you doing it through the actual agency that will eventually employ you? Otherwise I'm a bit confused by the wording. I haven't heard of any scholarships specifically for medic school. Your best bet would be to get hired on somewhere that will pay for you to go to school, and may even pay you a salary while you're there. Some require you to work as an EMT for them first, but others will just hire you and put you through.

OP
OP
Y

Youngin

Forum Crew Member
Premium Member
What do you mean by "starting medic" at a private non-profit agency in August? If this refers to paramedic school, are you doing it through the actual agency that will eventually employ you? Otherwise I'm a bit confused by the wording. I haven't heard of any scholarships specifically for medic school. Your best bet would be to get hired on somewhere that will pay for you to go to school, and may even pay you a salary while you're there. Some require you to work as an EMT for them first, but others will just hire you and put you through.

I meant starting medic class, by "non-profit, private agency" I mean that the school isn't part of a community college so I don't qualify for FAFSA, Pell grants, etc. It's an educational EMS agency that does Basic, Intermediate, Medic, A&P, and all the alphabet classes. Hopefully that clears it up a little bit. I did my basic there, and alot of people I work with took their medic class there.

The place I work for now will reimburse me 1/2 the price of school, which is great but won't help me during the process, which is when it'll be hard to pay for everything. The total cost of the medic program is $4,250 which will be difficult (but probably doable) for me to pay by myself. I was just trying to research and see if there were any other options available to help me out.