Saddleback vs. Mt. Sac paramedic school?

AnthonyM83

Forum Asst. Chief
Call up both schools and see if you can have sit-down with administrators from both. UCLA will let you sit in on class, but Mt SAC won't due to the college's rules. Try to catch some of the students at break.

I disagree with those who say it all comes down to what you put into it at "ANY" program. I know people who put in a LOT into NCTI, but still got really screwed. Basically a nightmare. You can definitely still go to NCTI and PTI and be a GREAT medic...I've met great medics from BOTH schools (by great, I mean top tier)...buuut those are exceptions AND they had to deal with a lot of BS and self-studying.

BUT if you're trying to set yourself up best you can, I'd recommend UCLA, MtSAC, Crafton...

Mt SAC, you'll know a LOT. Very important for a medic. You'll be on point. It's often said, though, their skills and on-scene management is on the poor side.

UCLA, you'll have great educators, great experience, and learn some good critical thinking...
but less likely to have a critical thinking preceptor (unless you get a Ventura County internship).

You'll probably be okay at both. Both have good reps. People hear either name and know you worked hard. Wherever you go, you're going to have someone teach you how to apply your skills to the field during training. I know medics from one of the crappy schools to on to work at amazing places (RSI, required to think for yourself, etc) and still succeed.