Saddleback EMT-B Course

Johnny_B_Good

Forum Probie
Trying to get a head start on the material, as I'm starting my EMT-B course in the Fall of '10 and wondering if any of you have taken or currently taking an EMT-B course at Saddleback College (California), and what text book(s) they use. Tried emailing the Professors, but no response. Thanks! :p

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
I went there back in 2005 and it was the Brady Emergency Care book, could be different now, but I did like the program, felt like it prepared me well. We started with 50, 17 passed and 11 passed registry. I believe this was due to to the lousy students and study habits vs. anything the instructors did or didn't do, just make sure you get in the right study groups and you will be fine.

OP
OP
Johnny_B_Good

Johnny_B_Good

Forum Probie
I went there back in 2005 and it was the Brady Emergency Care book, could be different now, but I did like the program, felt like it prepared me well. We started with 50, 17 passed and 11 passed registry. I believe this was due to to the lousy students and study habits vs. anything the instructors did or didn't do, just make sure you get in the right study groups and you will be fine.

17 passed out of 50!?!? Well, sure some dropped but still...that's a lot of laziness right there. I hear nothing buy great things about the professors at Saddleback.

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver
17 passed out of 50!?!? Well, sure some dropped but still...that's a lot of laziness right there. I hear nothing buy great things about the professors at Saddleback.

Yeah, it was pretty sad, but we had a lot of people that just weren't serious at all.