Rural/Metro interview

DenverFirefighterEMT

Forum Ride Along
Hey everyone,
I'm a newbie to EMTLife, and I could use your advice. I have an interview coming up Friday with Rural/Metro in Colorado for an EMT-B position. I'm familiar with the company, but am not sure what to expect in my interview. If anyone out there has interviewed with R/M before -- especially in Colorado -- please, tell me about your experience. What kind of questions did they ask you during the interview? And, was it stressful?
I will be interviewing before a panel of basics and medics. Then, I will have to do medical and trauma scenarios (similar to what I did in my state practical), followed by a written test. It won't be easy, that's for sure.
I appreciate any information anyone can give me. And I look forward to meeting/talking to everyone on EMTLife. Thanks!

Sodapop

Forum Crew Member
I worked for rural/Metro as my first EMT job many years ago. It was in Florida and I do not recall what was asked. But when I can tell you is to relax. That is #1 most important. You passed your tests to get licensed soyou know how to do the scenarios. Don't get so nervous you forget things. Stay calm and keep a good steady pace so you do not miss things.

Good luck and post to let us know how it goes.

Velosprocket

Forum Probie
How did it go? I'm surprised they are requiring to you test! Especially when Aurora Fire runs all of the ALS and most of the BLS calls.

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I'm glad I'm reading this now, as I'm going to be applying when I get up there next week. I just hope they will take my hospital cert form here for IV...
*grumbles about them not taking his NREMTI cert for at least IV skills*

OP
OP
DenverFirefighterEMT

DenverFirefighterEMT

Forum Ride Along
How did it go? I'm surprised they are requiring to you test! Especially when Aurora Fire runs all of the ALS and most of the BLS calls.

Hey everyone, the interview went well! There were five people (EMTs and medics) asking me questions, and I answered all of them calmly and didn't get stumped. I actually enjoyed it. The medical and trauma scenarios were strictly verbal and I hit all of the critical requirements. They definitely weren't too difficult; you just need to know your National Reg skill sheets front and back. The written test was easy, but then again, I've stayed current on what we learned in class.
I spent a lot of time preparing for this interview, and I think it showed. Now, it's up to the panel members to decide if I'm qualified and would make a great addition to their team. I'll let you know.
Thanks!