RSI w/ lildo?

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Brown always talks in the fourth person

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief

Smash

Forum Asst. Chief
I am so confused?? Are you talking in 3rd person?? What are you saying?

Don't worry, although it is a terrible affectation you will eventually get used to it. Or just tune it out...

Brown always talks in the fourth person

Not strictly true:
MrBrown said:
We use midaz
To maintain the third person omnipotent (which is what I assume you mean by fourth person) you shouldn't have used the personal pronoun.

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Don't worry, although it is a terrible affectation you will eventually get used to it. Or just tune it out...

Just tune out Brown and his skitzophrenia .... everybody else does including Mrs Brown :D

To maintain the third person omnipotent (which is what I assume you mean by fourth person) you shouldn't have used the personal pronoun.

Not true mate, "Brown" refers to Brown individually whereas "we" or "us" etc will refer to the system with which Brown is affiliated (hmm thier loss perhaps?)

Now, Brown should clarify he will always refer to himself in the fourth person .....

ie first person would be Brown's creator referring to himself, third person is Brown's creator referring to himself by name (which is not Brown) and Brown is Brown referring to the character of Brown; because Brown does not technically exist in form displayed here it woud be misleading and inappropriate for Brown to refer to himself as "I".

For more information on Brown consult your local library.

Last edited by a moderator:

medic86

Forum Probie
So "Brown" i see you changed what is always at the bottom of your posts. You originally said I am Brown, but you decided you couldn't do that anymore because that was speaking like normal people so better change it up :) haha.

medic86

Forum Probie
By the way, your interpretations of the 1st person 3rd person and 4th person are totally incorrect. Are you even in EMS??

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
By the way, your interpretations of the 1st person 3rd person and 4th person are totally incorrect. Are you even in EMS??

Curious as to how this relates to the debate on premedicating RSI patients with lidocaine... Could just be me though.

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief

Seemed like a personal attack to me which:

A. Isn't tolerated according to the community rules
B. Is childish
C. Has nothing to do with the topic

Again, it's 2 sentences posted on the forum. I wasn't with you in person to gauge your emotional state at the time to determine if you were upset or not. But based on your comment before that of:

"Glad to hear I'm not the only one that was becoming irritated with it"

I assumed it was categorized as a rude comment/personal attack.

Chuck Norris has nothing to do with Lidocaine in RSI, it was me trying to make a joke. If you aren't familiar with Chuck Norris jokes, I'll refer you to this website.

http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/

OP
OP
J

jroyster06

Forum Crew Member
Giraffes didnt exist until Chuck Norris upper cut a horse.

Sorry i figured since we were off topic we could have a little fun and lighten the mood on this thread. Good info though. I think i shall invent a 5th person point of narration.

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief