Results haven't come yet?

tnoye1337

Forum Crew Member
I know you're supposed to wait 4-6 weeks, but I took my test 5 weeks and 6 days ago and have yet to receive anything from New York State. Just curious if anyone has any inside information on a delay or something

Thanks in advance

Zeroo

Forum Crew Member
No information but mine came in at around exactly 3 weeks after. We are talking about the emt-b practical right? This is MA. I took the practical jan 14. I know it doesn't really help you at all but you know just giving you the length of mine. You should call them up in the next couple of days and see if the letter was sent out.

OP
OP
T

tnoye1337

Forum Crew Member
It's the certification exam. Thanks for the info though. I'm super anxious and probably going to call them tomorrow.

bw2529

Forum Crew Member
I signed up for onsite scoring for this very reason. Hopefully I got it in properly, because they don't confirm it until it is too late to change it.

Farmer2DO

Forum Captain
First, it's not uncommon for NYS to exceed the 4-6 weeks. Huge bureaucracy that is often terribly inefficient.

Second, the general rule in NYS is that the longer it takes to get your card, the better. They try to send the failures out first so they can make arrangements for a re-test or a refresher class. Longer wait is better, believe it or not.

I wouldn't recommend calling the state; you won't get anywhere except giving yourself a headache. As difficult as it is, just be patient.

OP
OP
T

tnoye1337

Forum Crew Member
First, it's not uncommon for NYS to exceed the 4-6 weeks. Huge bureaucracy that is often terribly inefficient.

Second, the general rule in NYS is that the longer it takes to get your card, the better. They try to send the failures out first so they can make arrangements for a re-test or a refresher class. Longer wait is better, believe it or not.

I wouldn't recommend calling the state; you won't get anywhere except giving yourself a headache. As difficult as it is, just be patient.

Ugh. I can't stand waiting. Why don't they just make the time longer so we don't expect it in those times.

MedicBrew

Forum Lieutenant
I know you're supposed to wait 4-6 weeks, but I took my test 5 weeks and 6 days ago and have yet to receive anything from New York State. Just curious if anyone has any inside information on a delay or something

Thanks in advance

I’m sorry but 4-6 weeks is absurd!!

I take it that NY not a registry state?

It’s ridiculous with today’s technology to wait 4-6 weeks for test results.

I’d care to wager it didn’t take them 4-6 weeks to cash your check or process your card for the exam fee!!!!

OP
OP
T

tnoye1337

Forum Crew Member
I'm sure it didn't. Plus isn't all the scoring done by machine? So my question is what exactly takes six weeks?

MedicBrew

Forum Lieutenant
The reason I ask about the NREMT, is that if it is, you can log on and check your status.

It will not say wither you passed or failed, but it will show if you are registered or not.

If you’re registered, you passed. If not, after 5 weeks, you probably failed.

OP
OP
T

tnoye1337

Forum Crew Member
I didn't take the national registry just the regular NYS EMT-B. It says all over the NYS website that the only way to find out results is by mail.

MedicBrew

Forum Lieutenant
I didn't take the national registry just the regular NYS EMT-B. It says all over the NYS website that the only way to find out results is by mail.

Man that just SUCKS! Sorry to hear that.

When I took my way back when, it took 4-6 weeks and you where waiting on the “Big envelope or Small envelope”. Big envelope had your cert and a patch, the small was a “I’m sorry to inform you” letter.

It was pure agony!!

Now here, you take the test and know with 2-3 days.

OP
OP
T

tnoye1337

Forum Crew Member
A friend of mine took an on site testing and he got his results that night. Unfortunately I didn't know that was possible until after I took the test.

MedicBrew

Forum Lieutenant
I believe I'd be on the phone or standing on someone's desk saying WTF?!?!?!?

But thats just me, I'm old and cranky.

OP
OP
T

tnoye1337

Forum Crew Member
Yeah, I'm going to call them today, but I have class soon so I can't now.

OP
OP
T

tnoye1337

Forum Crew Member
Good news. Got my results today. Funny how that works. THey got it on exactly six weeks. I passed!

gkygrl

Forum Crew Member
Test results

Hi there, I am in the NYS EMT-B written exam waiting game now too. It's only been a week and I am going nuts.

When you got your results - what did they send you - just want to know what to anticipate.

Is it the big envelope, small envelope rule for NYS too? :ph34r: