Resources for improving my theoretical skills

Sr Dingdong

Forum Crew Member
Hi, I have been an EMT in Norway for some years, started as an apprentice in 2004, and Ive had a few breaks from the EMT job since then. The longest one about two years another one for one year, and another one for 6 months.
So I have never really worked long enough to get really experienced.
In addition, I have to admit I havent been nearly as good as I should be to maintain my theoretical skills, and it really affects my performance and level of comfort on the job. I feel pretty inadequate from time to time, especially on some of the illnesses we come across.
For the moment, I am not the one in charge on the ambulance, since I just have the basic education and Im not qualified to give patients medications. But I still need to get a better grasp on the theory.
In a year or two I am thinking of taking a paramedics class either here in Norway or abroad, so I will have more job options and will be the one in charge.

I really wanna get a head start on the class, and would like to know some good free or cheap resources for learning anatomy and physiology, pathophysiology and pharmacology. Online classes, computer programs or apps for the mac or something similar. I dont care about any certification at the end of the course, its just for my personal improvement.
I already have the AMLS book, which a colleague recommended, and lm thinking of getting the Mosby Paramedic text book if I find it cheap on amazon.
I also bought the Essential Anatomy 2 for the Mac, which seems good to use in addition to a text book, but not nearly enough to learn just by using that.
It also lacks completely the physiology part. Probably not worth the almost 40 dollars I paid for that.....

Maybe it wasnt very clear as to what I was asking from all this text, but first and foremost I am interested in finding a resource for learning anatomy and physiology (preferably for free or cheap), and it would also be great to find something about pathophysiology and pharmacology, on a level that is relevant for paramedics.

Last edited by a moderator: