Rescues At Risk

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Rescues At Risk

Flashing lights mean move over and get out of the way. But,emergency drivers say that doesn't always happen when they're rushing to a rescue.

Emergency drivers say they have to watch for drivers because drivers don't always watch for them, even with lights flashing. Paramedic Angela Buskohl says,"When the ambulance came back down on all four sets of wheels, that force threw me across and then my head hit there and then I landed on the floor."

[Read More!]

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
We have cameras in our rigs. Car does not yeild, push a button, take about a 30 second video, show the police, they send a ticket, we get a half day in court relaxing... :D

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by coloradoemt@Feb 10 2005, 06:51 PM
We have cameras in our rigs. Car does not yeild, push a button, take about a 30 second video, show the police, they send a ticket, we get a half day in court relaxing... :D
I WISH it was that easy

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Originally posted by coloradoemt@Feb 10 2005, 06:51 PM
Some of our rigs have those cameras, but I never thought to use it in that situation.

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
Originally posted by MMiz@Feb 10 2005, 01:58 AM
Rescues At Risk

Flashing lights mean move over and get out of the way. But,emergency drivers say that doesn't always happen when they're rushing to a rescue.

Emergency drivers say they have to watch for drivers because drivers don't always watch for them, even with lights flashing. Paramedic Angela Buskohl says,"When the ambulance came back down on all four sets of wheels, that force threw me across and then my head hit there and then I landed on the floor."

[Read More!]
when did this become "NEWS"? I've encountered this since I started... 5 years ago!!!

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Feb 10 2005, 06:51 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Feb 10 2005, 06:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-coloradoemt@Feb 10 2005, 06:51 PM
I WISH it was that easy [/b][/quote]
Actually so do I!! My state just enacted a law where if you are in the left lane and are going slower than those around you, you can get a ticket. So apply this to hindering the progress of an emergency vehicle too, its a pretty easy ticket to make stick, so the courts, in my experience, do.