Rescue 911

ClarkEMS

Forum Probie
A blast from the past. Not long ago as I was sitting in my dorm in Haifa, Israel, I remembered this show I had watched back in the '90s, Rescue 911. I did some looking around and found out that there are hundreds of old episodes on Youtube. Watching these episodes I can see clearly what has changed in terms of protocols over the years and changes in CPR, however, what got me was the special episode, "100 Lives Saved" (followed by "200 Lives Saved"). While not made to be an educational show, viewers began sending messages to CBS with stories of how they had been watching Rescue 911 and had used some of the skills they had seen to save lives in their own communities. Seeing some of the new programming coming out these days on Television, I have yet to find an equivalent to this program. It showed people how to use the 911 system (which at the time of the first episode of Rescue 911 was brand new) and how to do CPR. I am not an advocate of untrained people attempting CPR if they have no clue what to do, but to have people watch a show like this where they can learn more about the 911 system and acquire very basic life saving skills (mainly first aid) would be a very beneficial addition to Television programming. Does anybody know of any equivalents to Rescue 911 in today's television programming? What are your thoughts about programming like Rescue 911?

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Rescue 911 was awesome, that nymphomaniac alcoholic of a lawyer with his man girdle and Lifepak 10 as cohost made us believe we could save people each and every Tuesday B)