Rep Giffords was shot in the head, and seeing this picture I ask: Why the C-collar?

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
A question for all you guys who are saying board and collar automatically, no questions asked, what would your response be to a ER MD saying it isn't necessary, as there is no MOI.

Sure, doc leave on collars all the time after taking people off of the back board. Why don't we do that? I get that it is easier to move someone on a back board at times, but doing that and back boarding someone are not the same thing.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
I hope the doc slapped you upside the head, a la Gibbs from NCIS.

Melclin

Forum Deputy Chief
A question for all you guys who are saying board and collar automatically, no questions asked, what would your response be to a ER MD saying it isn't necessary, as there is no MOI.

Sure, doc leave on collars all the time after taking people off of the back board. Why don't we do that? I get that it is easier to move someone on a back board at times, but doing that and back boarding someone are not the same thing.

I'd tell him to do a thorough literature search, then use that to bolster an argument for operational change in an application for guidelines change made to the company.

Mind you I wouldn't have put the poor bird in a collar to begin with, although based on our guidelines I probably should.