Radio Holster?

Eddie263

Forum Ride Along
So I was just hired at a new agency that doesn't provide radio holsters. Any suggestion or recommendations on which one to buy? The last agency I worked for the radios had an over the sholder/cross body strap. Really didn't like it because it would swing all over the place at times.

Tour 1

Forum Probie
You can purchase a radio holster that goes across your body AND attaches to your belt. This prevents it from swinging all over the place. Boston makes a pricey one.
Also, if you don't like the feel of a cross body strap, and depending on the type of radio issued, you can use a radio clip.
Or just shove it in your back pocket.

AtlasFlyer

Forum Captain
Love my radio strap, I think I got it from firestore dot com. Make sure you get the secondary strap that attaches to a belt buckle or D-ring clip. That keeps it from flopping all around. I hate clipping a radio to my pants, it always falls off and when I need the bathroom I have to find a "non icky" place to set it down.. with the radio strap I can take it off and hang it on a hook.

OP
OP
Eddie263

Eddie263

Forum Ride Along
Thanks! Im going to look into the strapped holster. I guess once upon a time our hosters had the clip, but somewhere along the way it grew legs and walked away.

BlauerMfg

Forum Probie
I highly recommend something with a swivel... rotates when you sit down. We don't make holsters, but there are a lot of companies that have something like this.