Questions about re-certifying

WFDJustin

Forum Ride Along
Hi everyone. I am a firefighter/emt in southern california, but i reside in arizona. Im in a bit of a bind right now. I put off doing my CEU til last minute and now that ive got the urge to do it i cant figure out how im suppose to obtain the 48 hours required. If i understand correctly your only allowed to do 24 CEU's via online. So one of my questions is this. Is that correct? or can i do all 48 CEU's via online from a CECBEMS approved website? if i can only do 24 CEU's with CECBEMS are there other ways to attain the other 24 hours other then by sitting in a classroom?

another question i have is that my state emt-b license expired January 25th of this year, but my NREMT-B does not expire until March 31. If i wanted to opt not to renew my NREMT-B license would I be able to renew my state emt-b license up until March 31? or is the cutoff to my state set at 30 days after January 25th to renew it? I appreciate any help you anyone can give me. Ive asked everyone I know, but no one seems to know much more about it then i do.

Epi-do

I see dead people
Contact the certifying agency that issued your cert. They will be able to correctly answer all of your questions. Even though there is a wealth of information here, do you really want to trust a bunch of strangers on an internet forum to give you the proper information regarding your certification.

medic417

The Truth Provider
A refresher would probably be fastest way to get the hours. Some states allow testing for renewal rather than CEU's.

Way to many variables. So do as Epi said, contact your certifying agency.

OP
OP
W

WFDJustin

Forum Ride Along
alright ill do that. hopefully ill be able to get through to an operator at NR instead of being put on hold for a couple hours

Epi-do

I see dead people
Don't call NR, unless you have questions about renewing that particular cert. You need to call the state agency with any questions you have about your state cert. NR will simply direct you to contact the state, and will be a wasted phone call. The two certs are seperate from each other and NR does not regulate what the state does.