Questions about being an EMT

E.G-ville

Forum Ride Along
I am a Pre- Physician Assistant sophomore at UF. I am considering dual enrolling next semester at UF and a local community collage to become EMT certified. My only concern is that I am a 5'5" 130lb 19 year old woman and I am concerned that due to this I may not be able to find a job as an EMT once I am certified. I am by no means weak, but I certainly don't have as much upper body strength as a guy. Do any of you know any petite woman EMT's? I was also wondering what a typical day looks like for an EMT and if you are required to drive an ambulance as an EMT?

Lifeguards For Life

Forum Deputy Chief
I am a Pre- Physician Assistant sophomore at UF. I am considering dual enrolling next semester at UF and a local community collage to become EMT certified. My only concern is that I am a 5'5" 130lb 19 year old woman and I am concerned that due to this I may not be able to find a job as an EMT once I am certified. I am by no means weak, but I certainly don't have as much upper body strength as a guy. Do any of you know any petite woman EMT's? I was also wondering what a typical day looks like for an EMT and if you are required to drive an ambulance as an EMT?

You'll do fine. Driving requirements vary by department.