question/poll

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Thanks for the answers.
Since the pt was having an MRI done and forgot to tell the staff he was allergic to IV dye, you can pinpoint the reaction at 14.623 mins ago. Epi or no?

Better find another culprit. Unlike the majority of IV Dyes MRI does NOT use iodine base. MRI dye uses gadolinium. The risk of reaction to this dye is much lower than to x-ray dye.

From MRI international.."Since it is not iodine dye and if you have had a serious reaction to x-ray dye, it is still safe for you to have MRI dye."...
There are very, very few reported reactions to this dye.

R/r 911

OP
OP
G

Guardian

Forum Asst. Chief
Better find another culprit. Unlike the majority of IV Dyes MRI does NOT use iodine base. MRI dye uses gadolinium. The risk of reaction to this dye is much lower than to x-ray dye.

From MRI international.."Since it is not iodine dye and if you have had a serious reaction to x-ray dye, it is still safe for you to have MRI dye."...
There are very, very few reported reactions to this dye.

R/r 911

Your post doesn’t negate what I wrote one iota, but interesting nonetheless.

eggshen

Forum Lieutenant
Something that lacks common sense....again. Shocker!

Egg

RALS504

Forum Lieutenant
What about anaphylactoid reactions for which this senario sounds very plausible. I have seen one in the field from a MVC where a pt took some aspirin.

bonedog

Forum Lieutenant
Obviously if one isn't perfusing the vital organs Epi should be THE choice, along with the other choices. As long as you can defend your Tx plan....

Age, cardiovascular disease, diabetics all warrant caution.

IV epi in 50 mcg aloquats if concerned, after all VT will increase the medic's endogenous catecholamines, fun for all....

eggshen

Forum Lieutenant
Seen them present with NVD only, nothing else.

I can also think of better questions to ask if I ran tranfers all day too, but there you have it. I guess if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Egg

Last edited by a moderator:

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
Epi, only if Airway compromise and thats after albuterol and atrovent, so that being said, allergic reaction with only sign of hypotension would get benedryl and solu-medrol from me, oh and removing from the environment if not done already. if they have no breathing problems then no neb from me either.