"Pull to the Right" PSA

reaper

Working Bum
Every time!

thatJeffguy

Forum Lieutenant
They must have sent our county the "slow down near the crest of a hill, then sort of pull over and creep along" PSA by accident.

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
Maybe in your state. I can pass along a tag number to LEO and they will issue a ticket.

I will ca bs on that. Here is the problem with trying to issue a ticket base on just tag number. The responsible party is the driver of the vehicle which may or may not be the register owner. Chances are high you do not have the offender driver picture and didn't see him long enough to be able to id him in lineup. Register owner is not responsible for the action of the driver and is not required to id who was driving the vehicle. How is LEO going to issue a ticket to someone that he didn't see violate the law and have no clue who was driving the vehicle at the time of the violation?

JPINFV

Gadfly
^
That's also the reason why Red Light Cameras need a clear picture of the driver. If they can't ID the driver, all they can do is ask the registered owner to ID the driver. It's also why if red light cams ever really take off, I'd be tempted to go buy a ski mask...

Combat_Medic

Forum Crew Member
I wish they would show that PSA over here in Korea. I had to transfer a pt. from our base down south to the bigger US hospital. Off post we have to use the tiny little Korean ambulances with Korean drivers. They won't let us drive off post. We leave the gate running light (which are green) and sirens. Nobody cares. No one moves for us at all. We have to stop at the cross walks cause people are running out in front of us. The trip down to Seoul took 2 1/2 hours but only 45 mins on the way back.