Protransport-1

TheMowingMonk

Forum Lieutenant
Hey everyone, ive been looking at this company Protransport-1, i was actually offered a job by them, but never seen anyone really mention them. For any of you in the San Fransisco bay area, have you guys heard of this company or know anything about them, or if you work for them I would appreciate the info on what its like. Thanks!

wexlerk13

Forum Probie
Hey...i don't live in that area, but i did go to school out there. Fast Response School of Healthcare (In Berkeley) uses them for ride alongs. I had a really good experience there on my ride alongs. A lot of people i went to school with went there to work. They have good benefits, work with paramedic shool schedules, family business, and so forth. They also seem to have good management. If nothing less it would make a good intro to the field. Low call volume as i remeber tho.

EMTSteve

Forum Crew Member
Sorry to be a necromancer...

I work for ProTransport at the Cotati Station. So far, it's a great company!
Its growing VERY fast, with hard work be prepared to make Supervisor in about a year, I've heard people make FTO within 6 months.
The company does have growing pains, but what’s awesome is that the upper management is always open to hear about how we can improve going about doing things.
If you do hire on with PT be prepared to work the Regatta Station (Richmond) for a couple weeks... for training and work.

Full benefits in 90 days.
They match 15% on your 401k (wow)
Full catered lunch’s everyday at the Cotati Station.

I've never been to the San Francisco Station but I hear it’s very big.

I would take the job, if you don’t see yourself doing transports forever, the company is a great stepping stone to AMR or any local 911 company.
The scuttlebutt is that PT is going ALS with 911 contracts in the future.

OP
OP
TheMowingMonk

TheMowingMonk

Forum Lieutenant
lol reawakening an Old post, lol, i ended up not taking the job, i took a job at Silicon Valley Ambulance which is a third the distance away the Protransport-1 was (I live in santa clara) and im actually switching to AMR next month. But thank you for the response anyways.