"Protocols" What do yours allow ?

Colorado Medic

Forum Probie
I am just wondering what some of your protocols allow. From standing orders

to call in orders. Here in Colorado they vary, from the rural area to the metro

area. Most of our agencies in the

Metro Denver area we follow The Denver Metro Protocols?

Such as for CHF Nitro, Lasix, Mso4 is a standing order.
and for
Anaphylaxis - EPI 0.1 mg IV 1:10,000 followed by 1.0 mg in 250 cc NS titrate to effect. IS a call in order.

We don't have RSI here but I know a few rural depts that have it.

What are something you all have

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
There are as many protocols as there are EMS services. We don't have a standardized "state" protocol, (unless you don't have a local medical director or independent level) ... each service in my area have individual set protocols per service.... anything from 350+ pages to services with only 50 pages....

R/r 911

bikenburn

Forum Probie
Maryland

Here in MD we have state wide "protocols." I am from California originally, but I am getting used to it out here. While we have state protocols, we also allow counties to ennact different standing orders and things along those lines. For the most part, many areas the same with only monor differences. I am in school out here getting my BS, then I hope to return to Cali for a job. Anyone out playing about in Cali? Even though I am from there, I never really practiced as an EMT there. I am going thru my P classes now, so I am going to have to keep in mind that when I move, along come new protocols. YAY!

BloodNGlory02

Forum Crew Member
Online Med control: sodium bicarb, SubQ epi, pediatric morphine dose, valium, lidocaine
Offline protocols: asa, ntg, glucagon, d50, 1:10,000 epi, atropine, amiodarone, dopamine, albuterol, adult morphine, IV fluids, combitube, intubation, IO peds and adults, glucometer, "clearing" cspine, defib pt under 55lbs, and all the basics of splinting, cspine etc.