Primary Care Paramedic.

Miss Melanie

Forum Ride Along
I am currently working as a PCP in Windsor Ontario, Canada and looking to move to the Cayman islands, or Australia. Does anyone have any information that could help me out. Im not sure how my canadian qualifications transfer over.

Thanks

I can comment on our friends from down under. They have sever levels of Paramedic/Transport officers, but the scope varies and the training reqired for the scope varies from area to area. My parter looked into going down as a PCP and would be licensed at the Paramedic level (not intensive or or M.I.C.A level) but would undergo some in hospital training (paid for by the service). My advice get into contact with people on the ground there.

Medic2409

Forum Lieutenant
I've recently spoke with someone from the Caymans. I was told that right now they're full up, and typically don't hire ex-pats anyway.

fortsmithman

Forum Deputy Chief
Have you tried Turks and the Caicos they have expressed interest in joining confederation as a territory of Canada on par with Yukon Territory, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut Territory. They do want to be part of Canada so they might easier accept Canadian credentials for EMS down there.

Would love to be in the Caribbean... Also I know that medavie blue cross is in some way affiliated with Trinidad and Tobago. Not sure to what extent anymore but they were using medics from here in the atlantic provinces wile I was in Nova Scotia for training purposes.