Prevention programs

DarkStarr

Forum Lieutenant
Stemming from the "EMS is Public Safety" thread, Meclin said:

"How about putting thought into things like health promotion, falls prevention, building coping capacity to prevent inappropriate ambulance attendances, pain relief, reduced time of hospital/ED stay, disease specific outcomes measures.... honestly the list doesn't end."

And to this I ask, what types of prevention programs has your agency been involved in? Anything from the health/fitness aspect, to the above fall prevention, and maybe something like MVC prevention (launching a study in regards to dangerous intersections or roadways and trying to prevent accidents or at least make them less fatal).

I am going to inquire with my agency and hopefully suggest some of your ideas as well.

crazycajun

Forum Captain
Stemming from the "EMS is Public Safety" thread, Meclin said:

"How about putting thought into things like health promotion, falls prevention, building coping capacity to prevent inappropriate ambulance attendances, pain relief, reduced time of hospital/ED stay, disease specific outcomes measures.... honestly the list doesn't end."

And to this I ask, what types of prevention programs has your agency been involved in? Anything from the health/fitness aspect, to the above fall prevention, and maybe something like MVC prevention (launching a study in regards to dangerous intersections or roadways and trying to prevent accidents or at least make them less fatal).

I am going to inquire with my agency and hopefully suggest some of your ideas as well.

We have been involved in the following:
MVC prevention to teen drivers
Healthy Heart
Living in a Healthy Happy Home
Home safety
Senior Citizen home hazard awareness
Breath Easy campaign