Posting Images

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Here is an easy way to post images on this forum. I know it's been discussed before, but I thougth I'd post it here for everyone's use.

1) Upload your image to an image hosting site like Photobucket or find the image on the web.

2) Highlight and copy the URL of the image. If it's an image hosted on another website, you may be able to right click on the image to obtain the URL information under "Properties".

3) Add a new post. When you do this, you will see a Code Button that says "IMG". Click on the "IMG" button and paste image URL.

4) Name the image if you so desire.

5) Submit your post.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact one of the Community Leaders. Also, if you know of any appropriate image hosting sites (preferably free), please post a link to them in this topic.

007medic

Forum Lieutenant
I wanted to let you know that you can go to www.thefilebucket.com for a picture hosting sight. You simply fill out the requested info, and it is free. You have tons of storage, and you can make different folders for different images. It works well with EMTlife also. Let me know if you have any questions about it, I have used it for work for a while now.

Lyns

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Or... just attach the pictures....

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@Jul 16 2005, 07:02 AM
Or... just attach the pictures....
If you attach them, you're limited to a file size of 25kb.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Last edited by a moderator:

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Last edited by a moderator:

emtff376

Forum Lieutenant
Can we post trauma pics? I have a great picture from a kid we shipped out yesterday. Nothing to identify who the pt. is in the pic. I wasn't sure, so I wanted to ask. Thanks in advance!

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
emtff376 said:
Can we post trauma pics? I have a great picture from a kid we shipped out yesterday. Nothing to identify who the pt. is in the pic. I wasn't sure, so I wanted to ask. Thanks in advance!
Hold off on the pics for the time being. We have read your request and will be discussing it. We do appreciate you asking first.

thumb22.gif

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Here's the rule regarding posting trauma pictures:

If you'd like to post trauma pictures, please provide links to them. Do not host the pictures on here. Create a short narrative (read: warning LOL) to them and then provide the link. That way the end user has the choice on viewing it.

Thanks!

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Very good move... Chimpie et al.

We had a bad wreck locally a few weeks ago (1 class 5 Pt)... many pictures were taken, including several of the vehicle with the Class 5 pt. - some before and after extrication. The Class 5 Pt. wasn't visible in any of the pictures.

Well... the pics were on the "unofficial" website of the FD, and ended up getting posted to the unofficial County Fire Discussion Fourm. The pics were part of a discussion of using Spreaders vs. Rams to displace the dashboard... it was an informative discussion, and there wasn't any talk about the Class 5, nor any pictures of the Class 5. Anyway... some of the pictures were printed out and shown to one of the family members in high school... One of my crewmembers, a 17 y/o EMT was confronted by the Class 5 Patient's Brother, and had a tough time explaining WHY the pictures were taken of the wreck, and were visable for all to see.

The pics were deleted from the County Fourm, because they wern't put up by the photographer.

Jon

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Here's the rule regarding posting trauma pictures:

If you'd like to post trauma pictures, please provide links to them. Do not host the pictures on here. Create a short narrative (read: warning LOL) to them and then provide the link. That way the end user has the choice on viewing it.

Thanks!

Bumped as a refresher for everyone.

HWoods

Forum Ride Along
Photo Posting Difficulty...........

Good Morning. By way of introduction, Yes, I'm new here. I do have a background of Forums Participation on other Boards, most notably Firehouse.Com where I joined in 2002 and have made almost 9,000 posts. I certainly appreciate the opportunity to Learn from folks here, and I hope to be around for some time to come. My question is this: Is there a reason that the Current method of Posting Photos here is used?? And, Why are a lot of Photos Missing, many of which seem to have been removed from/by Photobucket??....... What led me to ask is the Thread where a Lot of folks have posted photos of their Ambulances. Thanks...........

OP
OP
ffemt8978

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Which "current method" are you referring to, since there are two ways to post images here?

As far as images being removed, we have no control over images stored at websites like photobucket. I would also like to point out that the majority of missing images from photobucket were removed by the account holder there, and not by photobucket itself.

karaya

EMS Paparazzi
Premium Member
Very good move... Chimpie et al.

We had a bad wreck locally a few weeks ago (1 class 5 Pt)... many pictures were taken, including several of the vehicle with the Class 5 pt. - some before and after extrication. The Class 5 Pt. wasn't visible in any of the pictures.

Well... the pics were on the "unofficial" website of the FD, and ended up getting posted to the unofficial County Fire Discussion Fourm. The pics were part of a discussion of using Spreaders vs. Rams to displace the dashboard... it was an informative discussion, and there wasn't any talk about the Class 5, nor any pictures of the Class 5. Anyway... some of the pictures were printed out and shown to one of the family members in high school... One of my crewmembers, a 17 y/o EMT was confronted by the Class 5 Patient's Brother, and had a tough time explaining WHY the pictures were taken of the wreck, and were visable for all to see.

The pics were deleted from the County Fourm, because they wern't put up by the photographer.

Jon

Here's a link to an article that I wrote for JEMS magazine on this very subject:

http://www.jems.com/news_and_articles/articles/jems/3307/at_the_push_of_a_button.html

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
I know this is old....but its a sticky, so I hope this is ok. ^_^

I was wondering if there was a way to post pics directly from my computer, and if not, could we develop that?

I can directly post them through tappatalk using my phone, why not using a standard browser?