Posting at some times gets lost. Just an observation.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
If you post something during a very slack time, it can become invisible to the "new posts" search utility without most folks getting to see it if the responses are slow to nonexistent. Other than going back and "fluffing" it with a response yourself, is there a way to prevent that the mods can think of? A time of day not to post?

Or maybe just make sure it's sensational? (haha)

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
If you post something during a very slack time, it can become invisible to the "new posts" search utility without most folks getting to see it if the responses are slow to nonexistent. Other than going back and "fluffing" it with a response yourself, is there a way to prevent that the mods can think of? A time of day not to post?

Or maybe just make sure it's sensational? (haha)

Make sure it's sensational.

There's no bad time of day to post. Nor would we ever suggest a type of thing.

Per our rules...
Participants may not bump threads. Bumping can refer to posting useless information, making corrections or updates in a new post, posting one-liners or any other action to deliberately keep a thread hot or to bring it to the top of Recent or Today's Posts. Community Leaders will use their discretion, depending on the nature of the post, as to whether to take action or not.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
What is it that you're trying to do?

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Me? Sew peace and liberty throughout the world.
Nothing, I just tend to post threads when there are few viewers. I'll include bait words, make sure I go back and check my fresh threads, and maybe not stay up so late.

Sasha

Forum Chief
You're gonna need a lot of thread for that.

OP
OP
mycrofft

mycrofft

Haha roger that lot of thread. Double pun! and my pun was unintended.

When I was actively blogging I found that the word "OATMEAL" in the title bar always promoted hits, don't know why.