Please Review this New Tech for EMS/FIRE

Patrick C

Forum Ride Along
Looking for people to review this new tech that I am trying to get out into the market. The product is called MD Alert and it is a medical id bracelet that has an individual id on the back. When EMS comes upon a person that is not able to speak, EMS can input the id number into the MD Alert app available on Itunes/ Google Play and that persons picture and important medical information will come up and allow for EMS to provided individualized care. Also, when the bracelet is run, it sends an email to family letting them know it was run and giving the GPS location of the person. Please see Youtube video below for a demo of the product.

Anyone willing to review this product and email it to me with first name, department name if possible, and position will be entered into a drawing for an MD Alert Card which is a wallet/key chain version of the bracelet. Email is charestpr@gmail.com

planetmike

Forum Lieutenant
So how is this better than MedicAlert? Or someone just getting their own customized bracelet linking to their own web site? I do like the GPS aspect. Does the email still get sent if the person accesses the info via the website instead of with an app?

ERDoc

Forum Asst. Chief
The group of people that would get the most benefit out of this are people with significant/multiple medical problems. Those people tend to be older and less tech savy. They have trouble keeping a written card in their wallet. From a provider standpoint, it would be helpful to have something like this with up-to-date info, but if you rely on the pt to maintain it, it will not be as helpful.

OP
OP
Patrick C

Patrick C

Forum Ride Along
This is an excellent question and the answer is…MD Alert is better in many ways. From a technology stand point, there is a quicker response to getting information. There is no phone number to call and ask for the information. There is a picture of the actual person to allow for positive identification. MD Alert owns its medical apps and technology Medic Alert uses outside companies and apps that they have no control over.

The best thing is MD Alert doesn’t charge on going membership fees for this service unlike Medic Alert. MD Alert also has a medication reminder service built into the app for those patient to schedule reminders to help them remember to take their meds. Medic Alert is an outdated technology that was once good in its time but MD Alert is backed by a large technology firm that can take it to the next level.

The email is sent any time the emergency information is accessed no matter if from the web or mobile apps.

ERDoc

Forum Asst. Chief
How will it bypass phone security features such as fingerprint ID or password protection?

epicEMT

Forum Crew Member
Patrick,

This is a great app idea. My only concern is having to manually input numbers on the scene of an emergency. Have you considered using bar code scanning for this product?