2 trauma dressings
1 burn
sheet
1 ob kit
2 sam splints
1 no-neck/adjustable
1 adult BVM
1ea cpr mask (adult, ped, infant)

would something around 18"x10"x8" work out? this will be for my car, cycling, hiking, at school, etc. not my personal bag i use at work.
anything not necessary? anything i could be forgetting?

thank you much!

Last edited by a moderator:

sandboxmedic

Forum Crew Member
Search out a "Thomas Pack", can be pricey so shop around, usually around $140 for the Aeromed bag, i like it because it is compact,compartmentalized,has a top handle and backpack straps if you got to get up and into something. Keep one in my personal truck at home, and use a modified one (just a lil bigger) here in the sandbox(that one is from diamondback tactical gear)

RescueShirts.com

Forum Crew Member
Wow...

I started out in EMS with a much smaller personal "kit"... and after 17 years... I've yet to use it for more than a small laceration here and there.

Guess I have just been lucky (or unlucky)... depending upon how you look at it.

Heck... even my family members have witnessed more severe "MVA's right in front of them" than I have.

If you got the $$$ and you want to carry this stuff with you, more power to you.

Maybe you will actually have a chance to use it.

I've yet to have that chance "off duty".

BEorP

Forum Captain
If you really think you need everything then for sure, get a big bag and be prepared, but please read my comments added on to your list.

bp cuff: will knowing a pt is hypotensive make a difference in terms of how you treat them when you are off duty?
scope: see above
penlight
shears
gloves
1 glucose
2 cold packs
1 hot pack
6 4x4's
2 8x10's
1 10x30
2ea roller gauze 2", 4" 6"
2ea tape 1" & 2"
6 cravats
1box band-aids
2 sterile water
oral airways 6sizes: do you really need these? Manual BLS maneuvers should suffice prior to the arrival of the ambulance.
nasal airways 3: see above
2 trauma dressings
1 burn
sheet
1 ob kit: Pretty big to carry considering the tiny chance of possibly maybe using it.
2 sam splints
1 no-neck/adjustable: Has not having a collar on before the arrival of the ambulance ever killed anyone?
1 adult BVM: A CPR mask should be enough, don't you think?
1ea cpr mask (adult, ped, infant)