Passed...

EMTgurl911

Forum Crew Member
Well I went in today and passed everything the PAT was nothing until I had to lift the 120 lbs up and down the stairs and I seriously thought I was going to drop it..at the end though he didn't really say whether I passed or not. Though before the stairs stage, he said this was the last station I had to do and then I was done..after I was done he told one of the workers she had to come back and see me but I think he was joking around...I then said well am I done do I have to come back?? He said no your on your way have fun at your orientation...Im so excited:p

Does anybody who work in AMR know what they do for the orientations?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Most corporate orientations are pretty basic... you sit in a classroom and be bored. You'll probably learn about the paperwork and regional policies. You'll probably also have to go through the various training lessons: Corporate compliance (because of a Medicare lawsuit settlement), HIPPA, Documentation, Bloodborne/Airborne Pathogens, Vehicle ops, Hazmat/Hazard Communications, and a whole bunch of other stuff.

I had to spend 4 hours in the office earlier this week sitting throrough Bloodborne, Airborne, Hazmat, and HazCom. The Airborne one was by far the funniest - EMT's are horrible actors :)... at least I'm getting paid for it.