Passed!

exitloy

Forum Probie
Passed my fourth attempt. Not sure on the exact number but it had to have been in the very low 60s or high 50s. Another odd thing was i maybe had two questions out of the entire test that i actually put oxygen on someone? If anything, i would recommend studying and being very familiar with operations more than anything else. My 2 year mark for my Class ended at the end of this month, so if i didn't pass, i would've had to retake the entire EMT course.

i actually also completed my 24 hour refresher at the start of December that i started doing in September, and i can tell you ....it was a nightmare. the ONLY reason i was able to complete my refresher is through talking with my old EMT teacher who talked to our director of EMT on the process (even through it, it was something new to him that many dont do apparently) and i had to go to different seminars and attend old EMT courses that had to do with my credits. it required me to obtain their class schedule and show to their lectures.

the most STRESSFUL thing was that, if a lecture was about ventilation, and i needed 1.5 hours of credit and wanted to attend, i had to stay for the ENTIRE lecture.of 4-5 hours, or they cant count me as present due to you having to sign this thing saying you stayed the whole time. I'd say i put in about 80+ hours into my refresher along with like 6 modules of online stuff i couldn't do in the classroom (guidelines stating you cand do up to like 6 credits online or something) Honestly, after all that i'm pretty agitated at how ridiculous it was, but more so that the procedure was only possible with luckily knowing the right people or i would've been lost.

if you take the EMT course go take the exam as soon as possible and save yourself the trouble. If you fail, go take it again. Don't be like me and get discouraged every-time you fail and then wait and lose all the information and have to try and rebuild it up, its only gonna bite you in the ***.

To pass i used: Pearson Emergency care textbook and EMTPASS iphone application.