passed the national registry test...just a few questions!

khangaroo

Forum Ride Along
Reaction score
hello guys!

so i passed the NR :D for emt-b and i had a few questions on what to do next. i'm from southern california (orange county) and i understand that i need to register through OC EMS and also go get my livescan done. my questions are...do i need to do these in any specific order? is one required first before the other? and i remember my instructor showing a powerpoint slide of a form i need to submit for the livescan...how does this work? i don't fully understand the process of what happens after completing the NR test. any insight would be greatly appreciated!

edit: crap, if this belongs in the NREMT section instead of here, i'm sorry mods!

thanks for the help mike. the problem i'm having is with this page i'm looking at right now.

since my post count is low, i can't post links yet. add a W to the beginning!

ww.ochealthinfo.com/ems/accredidation

i called them, spoke to a receptionist, and she said i shouldn't bother applying with OCEMS until i have my CA EMT CERTIFICATION. my instructor never went over that with us, so how do i go about with obtaining that? is that something the national registry does for me?

http://www.ochealthinfo.com/ems/faqs

read number 3 bro, the live scan form is on the website, you can apply for a Ca card with OC. The states goes through the county so to apply for the state you file paper work with the county, then they process it for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
i guess the receptionist from OCEMS threw me off when she said she couldn't help me until i got my state cert. thanks!

Back